Tuesday, September 30, 2014

And the rains came down....and the Baptisms go up.....





9-30-14
weeeeell here's the scoop
so this week is transfers, and I stayed! and thankfully so did elder park! we are pumped because now, all of the AWESOME people that we are teaching, we will baptize them together! we were both a little bit worried that one of us was going to leave without being able to see the other baptized. And speaking of, The Ramos family, (the family we are working with)
all came to church! and not only that, but they want to be baptized!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
we are so excited as are them. they just get more and more awesome everytime we go over there. today we are going to visit them and tell them all about conference, and the week after conference you should get a photo of them dressed in white!
 
well my super amazing grandma, sent me a package this last week, and guess what it had in it.
AN APRON!!!! it was the coolest thing ever! with my own name on it. now when i'm Chef-ing it up over a pot of macaroni and cheese, I can do it with my new improved handy dandy apron haha
 
ok so yesterday, when we were biking home, we got a little rained on. and by a little I mean it was pouring buckets!!!!! haha it was coming down hard we were soaked in seconds and I LOVED IT!! it's strange, once you get caught in a couple of forida showers you instantly love rain. I prefer working in the rain now haha.
 
well, sadly, I don't have photos to send home this week, because my camera got left at the house, but I will send those ones next week! love you all!
Elder Wardell


Note from the Mom:  Elder Wardell and his companion Elder Park have several investigators they are working with. It is humbling to see the love our son's have for the people they find. They  love being able to teach them about Jesus Christ.  They do celebrate when they have individuals and  families  that want to become part of  Christ's church, and are able to be baptized. The joy they feel at their baptisms, is because they know that these people now have a knowledge of Jesus Christ and the opportunity to learn more about Him and  become more like Him. To learn more about Jesus Christ go to www.jesuschrist.lds.org  to ask questions go to mormon.org

 This is a small part of the letter Elder Wardell's companion sent home this week. In his letter he expresses his joy and happiness for the work they are doing...  He is just so excited I wanted to share his words and feelings as they so closely echo those of Elder Wardell's.... We are so grateful for Elder Park.  He is an amazing young man.

Elder Park says: ........" Well this week was great! ..... We found another family that we are teaching.... I don't know if  you remember this but October (2013)  was the month I had my first baptism, October is special for me and we are going to celebrate it by baptizing a small nation down here. We are VERY EXCITED FOR THIS. I was worried that I would be leaving and missing all these AWESOME people that are so close to baptism."  

 (Elder Park has been in this area for quite a while, he thought that he would be getting transferred this week, but he is staying in Homestead with Elder Wardell for at least another transfer (6 weeks). They are happy to be together. 







 I don't know if you remember this but October was the month I had my first baptism, October is special for me and we are going to celebrate it by baptizing a small nation down here. We are VERY EXCITED FOR THIS. I was worried that I would be leaving and missing all these AWESOME people that are SO CLOSE to baptism!

No comments:

Post a Comment